Hair Functions and Disorders
Hair Functions and disorders
Hair, especially for women, just like a crown. Hair is valuable, so people are willing to spend a lot of money and time to take care of the hair. In addition, the health function of the existence of the hair itself is very important.
Some of the hair functions include:
1. Protect the head from impact and sunlight.
2. As the crown.
3. Form the frame of the face.
4. Add beauty and color lines on the face.
5. Protect the eyes from sweat.
6. Protect the eyes from dirt and dust.
7. Help evaporate sweat
Hair is mainly composed of a protein substance called keratin or horney. Meanwhile, the chemical makeup of hair consists of:
a. Carbon: 50.65%
b. Hydrogen: 6.36%
c. Nitrogen: 17.14%
d. Sulfur (sulfur): 5%
e. Oxygen: 20.85%
The number of strands of hair each person is different, it can be seen from the color, and texture of the hair. Roughly 140,000 the number of strands of blonde hair, brown hair strands as much as 110 000, as many as 108 000 strands of black hair and red hair of 90,000 pieces.
Hair can be damaged because we are wrong to treat, for example: use hair oil or chemicals expired, wrong use of cosmetics or shampoo your hair, I wash with shampoo too harsh, extreme weather effects, and others.
We also experienced hair growth or elongation so that any time we have to cut your hair. For healthy hair, under normal circumstances would grow along the 1/2 inch or 1 ¼ cm per month, or well along the 0.3 mm in 24 hours. Hair growth is also affected by age, gender, race and climate. In place of a hot climate, long hair growth faster than in a cold climate.
Each person has different hair types, it is influenced by genetic factors or ‘factor in’ one’s own.
The characteristics of normal hair:
– The elasticity of 20%.
– If a palpable soft and smooth.
– Easy to set.
The characteristics of dry hair:
– Voice when held.
– Appearance arid and stiff.
– The color of blonde / red / light fade.
– Hair is thin, brittle, split ends.
– Often covered with dandruff.
The characteristics of oily hair:
– Hair grows thick
– Highly elastic 40% – 50%.
– Always wet and sticky.
– Often covered with dandruff or wet (pityriasi steatoides).
The characteristics of glassy hair: (people say porcupine hair)
– Rigid and tough,
– Difficult to wet,
– A very long process of drug absorption,
– Difficult bouffant.
There are some disorders of the scalp of which is:
- 1) the dry dandruff (pityriasis sicca)
- Occur due to formation of the stratum corneum are so rapid that this layer peeling scales form.
- 2) wet dandruff (pityriasis Steodeos)
- Is a chronic skin disorder characterized by patches occur are colored gray because of buildup of the horn.
- 3) Ringworm (tinea capitis)
- This disorder occurs due to fungal infection. It can cause brittle hair and brittle between the roots and hair shaft.
- 4) ringworm (Tinea Favasa)
- Caused by certain fungal infections, the symptoms are the formation of a scab, scab (crustak). Ringworm or favas can lead to permanent baldness.
- 5) Cutil (Vertitis Gyrata)
- Scalp folds giving rise to a picture such as grinding board. The disorder is caused by the scalp is too broad and thick, because the connective tissue beneath the skin are very rare so the skin is not perfect.
- 6) Ros head (Dermatitis Seborrhoica)
- Occurs due to chronic inflammation, the skin becomes red and covered with scales. These scales can be greasy, wet or dry.
- 7) Baldness (Alopecia)
- Baldness is caused by
- . Hair loss can occur during the transitional period or cycle of
- . There are two types of baldness (alopecia), among others:
- a) Bald evenly (Alopecia Symtomatica)
- Equally bald because hair loss is sudden and uneven after attack disease accompanied by high fever, a chronic illness, after pregnancy, suffered a severe allergic reaction, after experiencing the shock of the soul, and because the state of malnutrition. Excessive hair loss occurs due to damage to the eye papil.
- b) Bald circle (Alopecia Areata)
- These disorders are bald scalp. Areas that are not clear boundaries haired, thin skin, clean, shiny hair without the fault tip. Alopecia areata is sometimes clear and sometimes unknown.
- c) a thorough Balding (Alopecia Universal)
- Hair loss occurs due to a thorough, so that all heads of hair loss.
- d) Alopecia Seborrhoica
- Develop as a result siborrhoe scalp. Hair loss occurs in chronic and uneven, ranging from the temples, forehead and top of his head, so that just in the back of the head and above the left ear hair. Sometimes the whole head becomes bald, usually occurs in men.
- e) Alopecia Cicatrizata or Pseudopelade Brocq
- Occurs due to inflammation, scarring and become hairless again.
- f) allergy
- A change in the body’s reaction to something substances on contact and allergic reactions taking place on the scalp can also be caused due to the use of cosmetics.
While some disorders are common in our hair, among others:
- 1) abnormalities due to fungal infection (Tinea Cipitis)
- In the hair shaft, mold can grow only on the surface (ectothrix) or infiltrated into the skin, hair (endothrix). Substance horn becomes damaged and brittle hair. At piedra (Thchosporasis nodosa) mushrooms make the hair cuticle, grow in a circle to form the vertices of the black or gray, hard and can’t be pulled off.
- 2) Infections caused by insects (pediculosis capitis)
- Caused by head lice, because of direct contact. Eradication of head lice is carried out with DDT or gamexan 1-2% mixed with talc, xylol, gensil, gensoat, eurax. Head lice eggs can be released from the hair with a root hair with a solution of concentrated vinegar, let overnight and then washed and combed with a tightly comb.
- 3) Abnormalities of hair due to damage to the horn substance
- a) Hair breaks or branched (Trichoptilosis) The ends of hair split lengthwise, this disorder can occur continuously, malnutrition or the use of cosmetic hair too hard.
- b) Diseases of pearl (Trichorrhexis nodosa) The hair shaft are the parts that thicken, so the hair becomes brittle and easily broken. The cause is the use of a hard brush, and wash the hair is not clean.
- See the hair growth program from the expert to visit
Miracle Hair Growth Program